Haunted house stories of the 100-year-old Liu Family Mansion
Situated in Chiayi, Minxiong Ghost House (民雄鬼屋) is a famous tourist spot known throughout Taiwan. Its real identity, however, is the Liu Family Mansion (劉家古庴). The house was built upon several generations of hard work from the Liu family, who owned large tracts of land in Minxiong. Harmoniously combining elements of both Chinese and Western architecture, the three-story Baroque-style mansion was built in 1929 for Liu Rong-yu (劉如容). It includes an independent latrine, side rooms, stables, a school, and a protective perimeter wall. In its day, the mansion would have been an impressive residence, and one can only imagine the incredible period of prosperity that the Liu family enjoyed at the time.
Due to the spread of television and the Internet, ghost stories surrounding the mansion gradually spread throughout Taiwan, making it a popular location for tourists wishing to test their courage. The rise in popularity of Minxiong Ghost House also led Chiayi County Government to make several attempts at developing the area into a regional attraction. Unfortunately, due to the issue of property rights, all attempts ended in failure.
Haunted house stories of the 100-year-old Liu Family Mansion
URL:https://www.peopo.org/news/307641
(以下為中文對照)
百年歷史劉家厝 謠傳民雄猛鬼屋
位於嘉義的民雄鬼屋,可說是台灣遠近馳名的觀光景點。但它的真實身分是民雄劉家的舊宅。早年靠著數代經營打拼的劉家,在民雄擁有大片土地。當時外號「打貓員外」的劉如容先生,在西元1929年出資興建了這棟三層樓高、中西合璧的巴洛克式建築,一旁還有獨立的茅房、廂房、馬廄和學堂等,四周則有圍牆包覆。這樣的房子在當年可說是相當罕見的豪宅,也可以想見劉家當年的輝煌榮景。
由於電視及網路的傳播,這些鬼故事也逐漸傳佈到全台,讓古厝成為了大家旅遊、試膽的地方。也因名氣響亮,嘉義縣政府曾數度想要將其整理、發展成地區特色景點,但礙於產權問題,最後都以失敗告終。
回應文章建議規則: